Spring is headed our way (yay!) and the warmer weather provides the perfect opportunity to get your car clean and organized after winter weather and a busy holiday season. We want to help you spring clean your car DIY style - check out these tips from Toyota of N Charlotte’s experts.
How to spring clean your car: The interior
Ready to get your N Charlotte Toyota’s interior cleaned and clutter-free? Use these tips from the experts at Toyota of N Charlotte to get your ride ready for the new season.
- Vacuum first - and don’t just to a quick vacuum. You’ll want to get into all the nooks and crannies including your trunk or cargo area, seatback pockets, under the seats, and in your glovebox and center console.
- Next, wipe down all the surfaces in your car with a cloth and cleaning spray. Be sure to use the right car detailing spray so you don’t damage your interior; our N Charlotte Toyota parts store can help you choose the right one for your car.
- Clean out all trash and clutter - now is the time to purge anything you won’t need for the upcoming spring season.
- Clean the glass of your car - and don’t just use Windex. Regular cleaning products can strip the tint from your windows, so use cleaners that are specifically for car glass.
- Shampoo and spot-treat your car’s fabric seats and floor mats. You can also spot-treat any stains on the headliner and seatbelts. If you have a leather interior on your N Charlotte Toyota, clean and condition it so it’s prepared for the heat of the summer.
- Get a sunshade NOW to protect your car’s interior from the summer sun.
- Put dryer sheets under the seats - it’s a great way to freshen the air and get rid of odors.
How to spring clean your car: The exterior
The first step to take when you spring clean your car is to wash it. Do it in the shade and use the right products; dish soap can damage your car’s clear coat over time. Again, the Toyota of N Charlotte parts store can help you find the right products for spring cleaning car detailing.
- Dry your car next - use a microfiber cloth to avoid waterspouts on the paint as your car dries.
- Use a clay bar to remove any imperfections or debris on the paint; it’ll give you a perfectly prepped surface for the next step.
- Wax your car next. You don’t need to break the bank for a super high-quality wax, but a decent quality wax will definitely help shield your car paint from the sun this summer, as well as water damage.
- Now it’s time to shine your tires! This will get your N Charlotte Toyota looking like-new again. While you’re there, be sure to check the PSI of your tires to ensure they’re inflated all the way and also check your tire tread to ensure it’s deep enough to be safe.
- Finally, check your windshield wiper blades to make sure they’re not due to be replaced. If they are, you know where to find new ones!
Need new wiper blades, tires, or car detailing supplies for your spring cleaning? Toyota of N Charlotte has got you covered. Stop by 13429 Statesville Road, just off I-77 at exit 23 in Huntersville. We’re open seven days a week!
©2023 Cox Media Group