ABOVE: The latest forecast update from Severe Weather Center 9. To stay on top of changing weather conditions, be sure to download our free WSOC-TV weather app.
- Rain has started and will be with us all day long. It will get heavier as we head into the afternoon.
- There is a Flood Watch in place from Charlotte to the south, but the greater flooding risk is south of our area today.
- That being said, it still bears watching as streams and creeks are going to be running high and nuisance flooding is possible in poor drainage areas.
- Severe weather risk quite low with that main threat also staying well south of our area.
- Some brief strong winds are possible this evening as the last line of rain pushes through.
- Dry weather moves in tonight and stays with us through the rest of the week with temps remaining near or above 60 degrees.
>> Channel 9′s Weather 24/7 stream has the latest local weather all day, every day. Watch wherever you stream — on our website, or through your mobile app or smart TV.
- WSOC Weather 24/7
- Interactive Radar
- Download our weather app for Severe Weather Alerts
- Hour-by-Hour Forecast
- 7-Day Forecast
FOLLOW OUR TEAM ON TWITTER:
- Chief Meteorologist Steve Udelson
- Meteorologist Keith Monday
- Meteorologist John Ahrens
- Meteorologist Madi Baggett
- Meteorologist Joe Puma
©2024 Cox Media Group